Is it possible to move controls that are already involved in actions?

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM
When I move a control within the hierarchy I get an error message about a missing id. I think it is because there is already a recorded action using that moved control. Shouldn't that reference be updated as well? Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks
Hans-Peter
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 1:31 AM
You are getting that error because the reference of the Control in Action is not updated in xml file. and this utility only change the control hierarchy does not update the references.

This is not supported in this release.

Thanks for your concern.
Brajpal Jangir
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Hi Again,
are there any sources available? I would like to give it a try to update the references as well.

Kind regards,
Hans-Peter
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Updating the Recorded action is not possible with this Utility. if you wish to do any change in Hierachy or business logic, you have to follow below steps.

1- You have to move the recorded actions to business logic Map.cs file using UITest Editor (msdn also suggest the same for changing recorded actions)
2- You can change the Hierarchy as you wish using this Utility
3- Generate the code (designer.cs file will be updated with the Hierarchy Change)
4- Change the hierarchy in recorded actions UIMap.cs file.

Thanks,
Brajpal Jangir
Jul 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Hi Brajpal,
thanks - I know that I can do it manually. But I wonder if it is not quite simple to update the references in the xml file as well. Having the source code I could try to add that feature.

Hans-Peter